August Means Catching the Last Gasp of RVA Summer
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Head to RVA Big Market Saturdays at Bryan Park from 8-1 and get allll the great produce. Make something you’ve never made, or just enjoy something simple like a tomato sandwich, before those Hanovers are gone!
- SuzySno is moving from Jackson Ward to the old Sweet 95 spot on Arthur Ashe Blvd. Opens in August, so go get you some!
- What says RVA as much as beer, cider, and music?? Head to Brown’s Island on August 13th for the JamPacked Craft Beer and Music Festival.
- Cool down with the family and learn about sharks (!) at the Science Museum of Virginia’s Predator or Prey
- Carytown Watermelon Festival is back (40 years!) on August 14, in Carytown, of course.
- Are you running out of things to do with the kids and it’s just. too. hot? The Byrd has great family movies running all month. Click HERE for their schedule!
- Sunflowers and Sunsets? Yes please! Take a short ride to Burnside Farms and wander as the sun sets (and it’s a little cooler, maybe) and enjoy their sunflower bounty. Tickets required. More info HERE